Founded in 1986, the Oregon Mediation Association (OMA) was among the early architects of peace helping to advance the field of mediation statewide. We continue to champion our legacy today working to create greater awareness and promoting mediation as a useful method for guiding parties away from adversarial positions toward positive growth and change.
The Oregon Mediation Association is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization of members committed to the development, support and advocacy of mediation in the state of Oregon.
Our Primary Activities:
- Promoting and popularizing “The Art of Mediation” in Oregon.
- Providing training and continuing education to practitioners and supporters of mediation.
- Developing credentialing, certification and/or programs that distinguish qualifications.
- Establishing ethical standards and mechanisms to respond to concerns and grievances.
- Developing partnerships to expand the availability of programs and services.
OMA’s Board of Directors work alongside six standing committees consisting of volunteers to further advance our mission and support the needs of our membership and community partners. Directors are elected annually after our fall conference and orientated the following January.
OMA depends on an active community of volunteers and supporters committed to collaborative and equity-based conflict resolution. Learn more about how you can support our community.