Partners & Programs
OMA’s mission aligns with the following groups:
- The Association for Conflict Resolution: ACR, the merged organizations of Family Mediators, the Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution and CRENet, is a non-profit organization representing more than 7000 mediators, arbitrators, educators and others involved in the field of conflict resolution and collaborative decision-making.
- National Association for Community Mediation (NAFCM): The National Association for Community Mediation (NAFCM) is a membership organization comprised of community mediation centers, their staff and volunteer mediators, and other individuals and organizations interested in the community mediation movement.
- Oregon Consensus Program (OCP): State of Oregon’s program to provide mediation and other alternative dispute resolution services to public bodies and persons who have disputes with public bodies throughout state.
- Oregon Department of Justice ADR: Information clearinghouse and links to resources.
- Oregon State Bar’s Alternative Dispute Resolution(ADR) Section: A voluntary group of over 300 attorneys, who are members of the Bar, who support alternative dispute resolution where disputants select the means to resolve their controversies.
- Resolutions Northwest: A Portland-based nonprofit that facilitates honest dialogue to resolve conflict and advance racial & social justice. Services include training, consultation, facilitation, mediation and restorative justice, with an emphasis on racial equity.
- Victim Offender Mediation Association: (VOMA) was created to provide greater networking among practitioners and other interested individuals to enhance the overall credibility of victim offender mediation and reconciliation programs within the justice community.
- Washington Mediation Association: OMA’s counterpart in Washington state.
- Oregon Judicial Department’s Appropriate Dispute Resolution: Provides attorneys and judges with information about accessing court-connected, private mediation and arbitration services, and information about becoming a mediator or arbitrator. Provides mediators and arbitrators with information about qualifications and continuing education. Provides those interested in volunteering with information about volunteer mediation opportunities statewide. Also includes relevant rules and policies, links, and resources.
- Complete Equity Markets, Inc. :Provides mediator liability insurance and offers a discount to OMA Members.
- mediate.com: Online marketing tools and training for mediators nationwide.
- mediatortech.com: Tips and tools to market your mediation business.
Training and Degree Programs:
- University Based Conflict Resolution Programs: List of Oregon universities that offer classes or full degrees in mediation related areas.
- ATD–The Association for Talent Development: ATD is a national organization dedicated to the professional development of those in the training field.
- OMA Skills and Training Full Listings: Basic and advanced training classes for mediators conducted by mediation specialists around the state and nationwide.