Guidelines for Mediators
All OMA members who are practitioners agree to abide by the OMA Core Standards of Mediation Practice. Mediators may be subject to other regulations, depending on their affiliation.
- OMA Core Standards of Practice
- OMA Model Guidelines for Private Practice Mediator Education, Training and Experience
Other Relevant Qualifications and Guidelines
- CourtConnected Mediator Rules – Qualifications and training requirements for court connected mediators.
- ORS Chapter 36 – Oregon statutes related to mediation.
- Oregon State Bar Rules of Professional Conduct for Lawyers as Mediators – See Rule 2.4.
- Oregon Office of Community Dispute Resolution Rules – Qualifications and training information for Community Dispute Resolution Centers.
- Consumer’s Guide to Mediation – Selecting a mediator
- History of Mediation in Oregon – Certification, Licensure and Enhancing Mediator Competency (History of the development of the profession and regulations in Oregon.